Assignment of homework within
district schools shall be of a constructive nature, directly related to
the course of study. Homework shall not be considered as a disciplinary
measure and shall be personalized whenever possible to meet the
individual needs of the students.
Homework activities may include:
1. Unfinished class assignments or makeup work for classes missed due to absences.
2. Reinforcement of skills learned in the classroom
3. Projects which supplement materials studies in the classroom
4. Written work which permits the application of skills being developed
5. Problem-solving skills
Help is available by calling the Homework Hotline at 602-246-5000. This service operates Monday-Thursday - 4:00-6:00 p.m.
1. Assignments shall be made if children understand the process and have had sufficient practice to do it
2. Assignments shall not be given for disciplinary reasons.
3. Assignments shall not require books or materials which are not available at home or where resource
materials are limited.
4. Assignments must clearly serve a purpose.